10 March 2006

Ray Kurzweil's AI web offers free daily updates

Congress should invest $3 billion annually in understanding the biology of aging and how it predisposes us to a suite of costly diseases and disorders expressed at later ages, say a group of researchers led by S. Jay Olshansky, professor of epidemiology and biostatistics at the University of Illinois. (The Scientist, March 2006)

The snippet above comes from KurzweilAI.net from which I receive a daily email update on new devopments in a variety of areas of technological interest. Sign up for Kurzweil's free daily email here.

The aging reference mentioned above reminds me of two books by Ray Kurzweil that have been of particular interest to me in the past 12 months.

The first book,The 10% Solution for a Healthy Life : How to Reduce Fat in Your Diet and Eliminate Virtually All Risk of Heart Disease and Cancer, inspired me to change my diet and migrate away from high fat foods and meat. This was necessary for me since I suffer from gout.

Another great book by Kurzweil is The Singularity Is Near : When Humans Transcend Biology. This book presents a very optimistic forecast for the advance of technnology and the future of humanity. I highly recommend it.

Ray Kurzweil's web site has a plethora of information and links to various topics that may enthrall a curious person for days.


No comments:

Post a Comment